Saturday, August 13, 2005

Long Update!

Ok, so now we've established folk know how to leave comments, let's resume posting our news, haha. I was never going to stop, just commenting that no-one ever comments.

We were busy last week with Laura being here, only somehow we don't have any more photos of her. Oops, sorry Laura! On Wednesday we went swimming in the afternoon with Kory, Trish & Aaron. Kory was much better than the other times he's been, and very funny. He was kicking his legs like he's always been swimming, and doing lengths of the baby pool! Once we were done there, we went a drive and then went to get James.

In the evening, James and I went out for a meal. This was lovely to have some time on our own, much as we love Kory, it was nice. Especially as we don't have family here, it was nice to get out.

On Thursday morning Laura took Kory for me while I packed our suitcase for going on holiday. This was extremely helpful as I get nothing done while he's here! We even got everything (well the clothes) in one case which leaves another one for all Kory's bits and pieces!

Kory sat for a while when they got back in his Bumbo seat, he looks so cute in it, and I don't have to watch in case he falls over! I had him up on top of the chest of drawers so that he could see everything we were doing, and he was absolutely fascinated watching us! In the afternoon I took Laura with us to Baby Group. I'm sure she was bored with all us sitting around talking baby and other things, we must seem so old to her!!














Laura headed off home on Friday morning; then Kory and I had a pretty quiet day really. Hannah and Holly came round after lunch for a while to play, I forgot to take photos of them though, oops. Loads of other pics of Kory though, being a big boy sitting on his mat, one with James and one looking huge on the couch!

At night I had an Anne Summers Party. I had 11 girls/ladies here, although I think ladies is a bit of a nice word for some of the language, haha!! It was good fun, and even Kory got up for a while and was mesmerised by all the action at that time of night!!

Today Kory had a long lie till almost 9am, then an old friend Iain came to visit. He now lives in Spain, and we've not seen him in over 2 years, so that was nice. We sat in the house for a while catching up, then went a walk to the local pub and had lunch. Here is a photo of Iain with Kory when we got back. Iain brought a good animal and their babies book for Kory to learn. He had fun sucking it this afternoon!

Kory has taken to chatting at full volume constantly in the past 2 days, not crying, but he just seems to have a lot to say! He's also discovered himself in the mirror, or should I say, made friends with the other baby in there, and tries to hold it's hand!

I think thats about it for our busy week!

Julie.xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo of him in the seat thing is so sweet!!!! Kind of can't help looking for the horse under him though! lol.
Kelly.xxx

James said...

Yeah I alway think that when I see it :)

James

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've never left any comments. I pop onto your blog regularly and have a look at all the pics... Kory is such a gorgeous little boy! He's doing so well too, sitting up! Wow! Take care. Joooles & Emily xxx

Jo said...

Hiya,

I'm so rude never leaving a comment! I love your blog, and as you know Julie have followed it since the start.
Kory looked soooo cute in his little seat.
Can't wait to see photo's of him on his holidays.

Keep up the good work, your blog is great.

Jo & George
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi you three!!!

Joe loves the pic of Kory in is Bumbo. When he sees it he always says that Kory is sitting a little potty!!!

Chat to you soon,
Katy and Joe