Sunday, December 11, 2005

It's Christmas!!!

And I am so excited!! I love Christmas time, more the build up to it than the actual day, but today I put our tree up and now I am excited!! Kory was sleeping when I did the tree and when he got up he was in awe at the sparkly lights! However he wasn't so amused with James putting on the Santa hat, he got so upset. But as you can see, he was happy to wear it himself!

This week we haven't done an awful lot. On Wednesday, Kory and I went into town when James went to work and picked up Laura. We went to Asda and then into town shopping. At lunchtime, we met with Hannah and Holly. Then Laura headed off to go to work and Hannah and I shopped with babies who were bored, what fun!

On Thursday, we didn't go to music class, but did go to baby group in the afternoon. We spent most of it planning our baby party this week, I can't wait!! One of the Daddy's is bringing Santa with him to give out the presents to the babies, and we're having food and stuff!!

On Friday we went to the art class but didn't make the reindeer antlers - pretty hard for an 8 month old!! But Kory had fun with the walker thing there, walking up and down, which is his new favourite hobby, my back is breaking!! Angela very kindly offered to lend him Matthew's walker. This photo is of Kory motoring round the living room!

When we got home, Sarah and Coinneach came round for lunch. Trying to get a photo of the boys both looking at the camera and not blinking was really hard, this is as good as it got!! They had fun playing, but not really together!! Coinneach is walking, and amused Kory by toddling around - hope Kory was watching closely.

As Sarah went out the back door, Angela and Matthew came in the front!! They were dropping off the walker, but stayed for a coffee and a chat too. It's amazing the difference a few months makes! At night, Laura came over and we all got an Indian meal, yum!

Yesterday, the house was driving me nuts, so I packed the boys off out a walk to let me get on with tidying and cleaning!! The house looks nice now! In fact that's all I did yesterday. They came back from their walk and went out to get petrol and also to Asda. I didn't even leave the house!!

Today, as I said, I put up our tree! Once I was done, we went over to get Laura, and went to Dobbies Garden Centre to see all the Christmas stuff, then went out for dinner. Kory was really good, although wasn't much interested in bed when we got home!!

Although it's hard to see in the photo, it's Kory's other favourite passtime...bouncing! He's been in his Tigger Bouncer since he was little, and now bounces all over the place, in buggy, in carseat, on floor, in highchair and mainly on the bed. Any time you put him down on the bed, he bounces like a mad thing!

And lastly, here are 2 photos of Kory in his Santa outfit. We took these a few weeks ago, but couldn't put on here, as it would have ruined the surprise of the Christmas cards we got for our families. Instead of getting "named" cards, we decided to order ones with Kory in his Santa suit.

I think he looks totally adorable in it, but then I'm a biased Mummy!!

Julie.xx

4 comments:

Jilly Baby said...

You should come and live in Norway. They really go in for sending children photos as cards at Christmas. All my american friends do the same. Looks like I'm the minority, I had to make all my cards this year because there's just no choice here due to the photo thing! 100 cards is a lot to make...even for me!

POOH! said...

Hi James and Julie, I'm sorry havnt checked in on your blog in ages due to illness, but I am so impressed with your little man, he has grown so much, I cant believe it. I love reading about all your adventures. Keep up the good work and give Kory a hug from me!! Wendy xx

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha how happy is he in his wee suit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks glad your all well. Kory is growing so fast. He will be walking in no time. Thanks for the lovely card of Kory in his Santa suite. See you all soon.
Love Grandpa Kerr