Thursday, December 01, 2005

8 Months Now

Hello! Yet again, long time no posts huh? So all the way back to last Friday, we didn't go to Art Class, there was too much snow and I couldn't be bothered getting up!! I can't even remember what we did do, housework I think and Hannah and Holly came round for a coffee in the afternoon, I think! On Saturday, we had a kind of hectic day, running about trying to get me a new top, as I discovered that I had nothing to wear to my baby group night out on Saturday night! I got one eventually, which I have on in the photo!

The night out was really good, we went for a lovely meal at Pancho Villas and then on for drinks, and met up with Laura and her friend too. There were 9 of us left at the end of the night...pretty good going! Here is Kory looking very flushed, he'd just come out his Tigger Bouncer, must have been hard work!

On Sunday, I felt a little fragile, although nowhere near as bad as I thought I might have! We went out a walk to our local Burger King for some fat food to cure me. Notsure it worked, but the bitterly cold wind did the job! Shook away all my cobwebs!

Monday was a busy day. We got up to find more snow and took James to work. Kory and I came back to the house and quickly got showered and changed and had to rush to Kory's 8 month assessment at the clinic. He got on fine, weighs over 20lbs now, no wonder my arms hurt. He's doing all the things he should be for his age. Once we were done there, we came back to the house, had our lunch then went to my old work to give Jackie a raincover. I spoke to my old boss for a while, which was interesting!

Once we escaped there, we headed off to our Monday Baby Group. There were only 4 of us there, as well as our health visitor, so it was quite good for a change! We left there and headed round to Laura's flat for an hour or so before we went ot collect James from work. By the time we got home and got Kory to bed I was shattered!

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty boring days, we didn't leave the house on Tuesday, and did loads of housework on Wednesday then headed up to the library. It's kind of nice not to "have" to go out now, Kory is a bit more managable and sleeps in the house a bit easier. As you can see he even helps me with the washing!

Today we were back on the ball, we had music class in the morning, which Kory loved today as he was "flying" to the Snowman theme tune...don't even ask!! We came home and shared some yummy scrambled egg. When I say shared, I mean Kory ate most of it and I got leftovers!! He really is a piglet. He then polished off a whole apple!

Anyway, we went to Baby Group in the afternoon, it's so strange seeing all the others on the move now, crawling and walking about. I'm glad my little man just sits just now!! We came home and Kory slept in his buggy, it was blowing a gale and freezing outside, but does he look concerned??

Kory then helped (I use the term very loosely!) me make lamb casserole, mashed potatoes and brocolli for James dinner. He seemed keen, so Kory had the same and wolfed it down! He was delighted with a spoon and plastic tub I gave him...remind me why I bought him Christmas presents??!!

Julie.xx

0 comments: