Friday, November 24, 2006

Yaya & Dentist Visits

Ok, before I go any further, let me explain the title! Yaya is Laura in "Kory Talk". It's all we have heard all week because Laura has been here visiting. I had the cold last weekend and was feeling pretty rubbish. By Monday, James had it too but worse, so he didn't go to work. I went to pick Laura up from the train about lunchtime when Kory was asleep. When he woke up, Laura came in for him with me and instantly he recognised her and said "Yaya?"

I was a bit surprised at this because he's not seen her since August. But we do regularly look at one of our wedding photos with everyone in it and Kory attemps them all (including Neil which he's good at!) From there on in, Laura was his new best friend, James and I were demoted. Everything had to be done with Yaya, and he had to show her everything he was doing. It got to the point that if she wasn't related I'm sure she'd have got freaked out!! Check the monkey peeking to see if the camera is looking when he gives Laura a kiss!

On Monday afternoon we went out to leave James to it for a while to Toys R Us to get some Christmas present suggestions seeing as everyone is asking now and I've run out of ideas. On Tuesday morning I woke up and realised I had the dentist that morning, I'd completely forgotten for weeks. It was Kory's first appointment and he was ok. Despite practising all morning opening his mouth for the dentist, he wasn't having any of it when he got there!

After that, we went to his swimming lesson. This was a mistake. Kory had gone to bed late on Monday night and was exhausted. He cried right through the lesson, it was a complete waste of time! I was working till 10pm at night. Yuck. I'm doing that now until Christmas, ARGH! This photo is of Kory in his new dressing gown and slippers. He calls the gown his "Fluffy" - asks for it on all the time, even over clothes, and wants me to wear my fluffy too.

On Wednesday, we had a bit of a lazy morning in the house then took Laura to the train after lunch. Kory and I went into town after that. Mistake number 2 of the week! He is such a typical male. He's fine in town...that is until you dare cross the threshold of any shop. Then he whines and moans till you leave again. So I got nothing done! What a pain in the bum!

We just had our group in the afternoon on Thursday and I felt rubbish again. This photo was Kory and James doing the nightly torch check under the couch for all the toys that make their way under throughout the day!! Today was a bit of a better day, I felt better and even managed to make dinner for the first time in 10 weeks.

However Kory hasn't been himself. We think it's 2 Canine teeth coming. He has moaned all day, slept for 3 hours (could that be the Medised I doped him with beforehand??!!) We were meant to go visiting, but had to cancel as he slept through it!

I have a night out tomorrow night - all the baby group (Thursday) mummies going out with no kids, woohoo!!I'm sure I'll have some good photos from that!

Julie.xx

0 comments: