Sunday, July 23, 2006

Kory's Hospital Stay

The title says it all really, the wee man has been in hospital. It started on Tuesday night last week when he had a very restless night, up about every 20 mins. On Wednesday I changed so many nappies I lost count. Wednesday night was a nightmare, he was screaming through the night and throwing himself around and didn't want anyone near him, got in a right mess. We just assumed he had a bug or something.

By Thursday morning he didn't want to do anything apart from sit in my knee, then started passing blood - so off to the doctors I took him and she referred us to the hospital. I picked James up on the way and headed to the new childrens hospital. The staff were lovely and we were told we had to stay over in the assessment unit until they figured out what was happening.

We had a dreadful night, they came in waking him up to take temperature and blood pressure every hour and he'd either get very upset or think it was time to play. On Friday, James came up in the morning and I headed home for a while to shower and chill out. We were moved to the medical ward and he was in isolation, making him very bored!

Again I stayed over night, and James came in the morning. I came home for a while and got called back being told Kory's blood results had come back clearer than before and he could go home. So I went back to the hospital, and we brought him home.

I've to go back with him tomorrow morning to get more blood taken and hopefully get the all clear to be allowed to mix with others again. We've had to keep him pretty much inside for the past 2 days, and although he's a bit better in himself, he's shattered and grumpy!

I'll do an update once we know more, and will get round to putting photos from last week on sometime too.

Julie.xx

3 comments:

Joooles, Andrew, Emily and Daisy x said...

We hope you're all better soon, brave little man x x x

Jilly Baby said...

Been back and forth to Bergen moving house, etc so haven't read blog in ages. Just seen this post - poor little sausage! Hope he's better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kory

Sorry to hear you have been in hospital, I hope you were flirting with the nurses in true boy style!

Mummy says she will be in touch with your mummy soon and hopes you are all better now.

Craig xx