Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Normality!

Isn't there something nice about getting back to normal after Christmas and New Year? It's fun, but I'm glad it's all over for another 340 or so days! Thankfully this year I've a good excuse for looking like I ate all the (mince) pies!! On Wednesday, we went to get Kory's shoes checked, but he STILL doesn't need new ones. At B&Q I got a sample border for Teddy's room, which I stuck on the wall to see what it looked like.

I like it, James isn't so sure, but what do men know about girly things! Now that the cot is in baby's room, we just need a border up and bedding and it'll be all ready, yay! Thursday last week brought relief in the form of taking down our Christmas tree and decorations!! The place looks pretty empty now, but at least Kory can get in about his toys. Here's Kory sat on the unit like a wee gnome!

As I've reported in previous posts, the big bed was built on Friday, Kory "helped" with his hammer and screwdriver. Here is a photo of him posing with the bed.



As we were trying to get back to normal, I thought I had better do some food shopping, so that was my Saturday afternoon, exciting huh?! Here Kory shows why it's all worthwhile, enjoying his spaghetti bolognaise!!

On Sunday the boys spent the day at the house while I worked - not that they have a choice as we still have the courtesy car and I'm the only one insured to drive it. The garage are having trouble sourcing a bonnet for our car so haven't even started fixing it yet. To get Kory some fresh air James took him in the garden for a while, where he decided trees were for cuddling, little weirdo!

Kory really loves the bath crayons he got, he keeps asking for them as soon as he gets in the bath and wants you to draw pictures with him. Like with the play-doh, James is somewhat more artistic than I am and draws good pictures! Although I might add Kory did identify a flower, a bee and a butterfly of mine last week! Here's another photo of him enjoying them and drawing on himself!

Yesterday was James' first day back at work - he was glad to go back, I was glad for him to go back! It meant we could get some sort of routine back. Kory and I went to Ellon to visit Jackie and Craig. Kory had fun playing with all Craig's toys. We stayed there for lunch, then headed into town to go to Rambo's. It was like he'd never been away - although by the time we got James from work I was knackered!!

This morning Kory and I made some mushroom soup. He was delighted to be able to help me chop them up, he wasn't bad at it actually! Sarah and Coinneach came over at lunchtime for a while and the boys ate and played, the mummies ate and chatted!

And lastly, Kory has learnt to use the camera, ARGH! He takes it, turns it round and says cheese as he presses the button. Each time we look in the camera, there are about 20 photos like this one!! He thinks he's so funny too!

Julie.xx

0 comments: