Sunday, May 13, 2007

Busy & Cold

My brain is a bit scrambled just now with sleep deprivation and most probably drug intake!! But I'll do my best to see if I can remember what we've done recently. I can't even use photos to tell me really as they are all in the house! On Wednesday morning I got the 3 of us out the door by 9am, which I was very impressed with! Kory had his group again at 9:30 and I walked there. I was in agony after that mind you.

In the afternoon my friend Reja came over with her little girl Erin, to meet Krystal and for the kids to play. She brought a lovely pressie too. It was a really warm afternoon so we sat outside watching them playing and I got the sun on my nose, oops.

On Thursday Kory woke up with a horrible cold and cough which he still has. He was feeling very sorry for himself and just lay on the couch with his dummy and teddy pillow which is so unlike him. By lunchtime he was bored, so we were picked up by Maria to go to the usual Thursday group. Krystal was as good as gold sleeping and feeding then sleeping again while there. I even managed to make sweet and sour for Kory and I when we got home before she woke up!

We had a really rough night on Thursday night, so on Friday morning I felt like the world was ending (as you do with 2 kids and no sleep!) so Leanne and the girls came round and a little later so did Maria and Daniel. It all seems so much better when you are not alone and Kory is entertained with his friends too. By the time they left I felt semi human again.

This weekend James has been doing some overtime working at home, so we've been left to our own devices. Yesterday morning we were all fed up so I put Krystal in buggy and wrapped Kory up (it was SO cold, isn't it meant to be May?!) and we went a walk. Knackered Kory out for his nap and we saw lots of diggers as we went up past where they are still building houses. In the afternoon, we made Kory's day by going food shopping to Asda, but it was too much for me and I ended up very sore last night.

This morning James is working again (double time woohoo!!) so while Krystal slept, Kory and I made rice crispie cakes with raisins in them. In typical child style he licked the spoon and got covered in chocolate!


So what's new on the children front? Kory's speech is coming along so well, he is a little parrot and is starting to really speak in sentences by starting to use words like "the" "it" and "a" etc. Krystal is awake more than she was and is definitely smiling properly when I talk to her. Although I'm sure it's a bit early yet, there is a distinct difference between this and windy mouth movements, so I'm pretty sure it's a smile. Some nights she sleeps well, others she doesn't so well and comes into bed with me so we don't all end up awake!!

She's still a little grumpy baby, who doesn't like being messed with at all. I wish I could remember when Kory stopped being like that, but I seem to have a complete memory block. Why does nature make women forget the bad bits? I assure you all, this time I will NEVER forget how horrible being pregnant is.

Julie.xx

0 comments: