Friday, September 23, 2005

Proud Mummy!

Well I have just completed my final day of my 26th week of exclusively breastfeeding Kory. I actually didn't think I would ever get this far, and am so proud to have achieved it and given Kory a great start in life in the process. There have been some real hard times along the way where I've almost given up, but I didn't thanks to a few people.

Mainly James, he has been a complete star, while I have sat on my bum feeding Kory, he does dishes, hoovers & often makes dinner in the evenings. I couldn't have done it all without him, especially in the beginning when feeding Kory took hours!

I also couldn't have done it without my Health Visitor, Caroline. I know she doesn't read here, but she was brilliant anyway, supporting me and trying to get me through to the next day/next weigh in to show me how well I was doing.

A few others helped me along the way, Sarah - probably without knowing it! By doing it with her son till 6 months and proving that it can be done, I was a little sceptical before! Hannah - for giving me some spare formula to have in the house "just incase" This allowed me to believe I was breastfeeding through choice, not necessity. And lastly, the girls I "met" online, there's lots of them, but particularly Lorraine and Charlotte.

So anyway, that turned into a bit of an awards ceremony speech! Tomorrow is the day that he becomes a grown up eating grown up food! I feel so proud of myself, even if a little sad, I feel like my tiny baby is gone. Mind you, he's still a tiny baby, even if he acts like a grown up one, no changing the fact he's dinky!

Julie.xx

3 comments:

Jo said...

Hi Julie,

Just wanted to say a massive well done for making the 26 weeks. You deserve to be a very proud Mummy. Good luck for today I can't wait to see the photo's of Kory muching on his big boy food.

Jo & George
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie

A Huge Congratulations to you.. You have done so well in getting this far exclusive feeding. Best of Luck giving Kory "Real" Food today, I do hope he enjoys it as much as he loves your boobies!!

Can't wait to come back and read here in a few weeks to see how he got on

Lorraine xxx

Sarah & Graeme said...

Hi Julie,

Well done you! Its a great feeling, isnt it? I feel very proud that I helped you even a little bit - but I really was all you. You done so so well.

Glad to hear the wee man is enjoying his solid grub now.

Love, Sarah and Coinneach xxxx