Saturday, March 10, 2007

Week 33 - Bump Update

I had an appointment on Wednesday with my midwife who was concerned about the baby's position, the fact I'm seeing stars but my blood pressure is not high and the fact I am having pain around my previous scar. So she decided to bring forward my appointment with the consultant at the hospital to let him assess me. So on Friday we trooped up to the hospital on James' birthday for that!

The appointment went well (ish) - the consultant was lovely and so was the supporting midwife. They felt baby, she's still breech - the consultant said that turning the baby only has a 40% success rate in a normal circumstances, so after a previous section, it's reduced as they can't be so rough as it could cause long term damage to scar tissue. He didn't say they wouldn't do it, but that he wasn't keen for something with risks and with a low succes rate.

He was happy that there is still plenty time for her to turn, and wants to see me back in 4 weeks time. But in the meantime my section for if she doesn't turn is booked for the 18th April, when I'll be 39 weeks. It's really not what I want, but I think I need to have a date to get my head round it, instead of being in limbo for another 4 weeks.

In the meantime, Teddy might turn, in which case I can back out of it and get the "normal" delivery I so desperately want. We spoke about some other things that would happen prior to and on the day of the section if it happens and I do feel a little better that it won't be so traumatic as last time and I won't be so out of it on drugs and no sleep! They also said all being well I could get out in 3 days.

In all I'm feeling pretty rubbish, both with this and feeling sick/ill all the time. It's becoming harder and harder to look after Kory and do things with him, simple things like playing with toys are almost impossible, so we read lots of books which he loves doing.

Julie.xx

0 comments: