Thursday, April 26, 2007

One Week On

Crikey, where has the past week gone?! Yesterday Krystal was a week old. We went to playgroup in the morning to get Kory out the house and see his friends as he's been stuck in for a while. Then in the afternoon James and Kory washed the car.

Kory has been a wee star with having the baby home, he either ignores her or wants involved in everything to do with her. He's definitely not bothered by her being here (yet!) He likes to be the proud big brother, telling me when she's crying, and commentating on what she's doing - eg drinking milk, hands, squeaking, legs kick...you get the idea.

Today James and Kory did some gardening in the morning. Kory managed to fall down the patio steps and burst his top lip open, ouch!! We all went to the group in the afternoon. Needless to say Krystal was taken when we went in and returned when we were leaving, and passed around everyone in between. Kory had fun playing with his friends and was chuffed to have Daddy there too.


These photos were taken tonight after dinner, Kory was delighted to be holding Krystal, he's much more confident than last week in the hospital. He thinks it's funny when she moves and tickles him. I'm very proud of how he's been this week, he seems so grown up.





Krystal is doing well, she's feeding like a pro, and sleeping isn't bad either (only up once last night!) She likes to be held close a lot, which is nice as she's so scrummy!! Tonight James lay her on her play mat for a while which she actually seemed to like, even though she's too little for it yet.




As I did after Kory, I'll be having photos weekly for 3 weeks. I still feel like an elephant, but realistically one week on it's not bad going considering how huge I was. I am still in a lot of pain and taking a pile of painkillers. My midwife was round today, all seems well with wound and my general health. I'm very emotional though, as is normal at this stage, just crying over nothing and everything.

Julie.xx

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know I've been offline for a month due to moving house, and I come back online today to find out your wonderful news!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS JULIE, JAMES AND KORY ON YOUR NEW ARRIVAL.

Krystal is so SO gorgeous!!

Well done hun.

Joooles & Emily

xxx