Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ayrshire Trip

On Saturday morning we packed up the car and headed on a 3 hour journey to Ayrshire to visit my Mum and Tom. Kory insisted on packing his Thomas suitcase and wanted to put it in the car before he's even got dressed. It had books and toys in it and he was chuffed to bits with it!

The drive was ok initially, we had to stop near Stirling as Krystal needed fed and Kory needed to burn off some energy. We finally arrived about 2pm and got lunch. Then Kory and I went to Asda with Mum while James had a well earned nap with Krystal!

On Sunday morning we went to visit an old school friend of mine, Nicola, her partner Craig and little boy Cameron who is 2 as well. The boys played while we had a good old gossip! Not very sure why they both have their tongues stuck out in this photo, I didn't notice until I looked at them on the computer!

After the kids had both had a nap, Mum and Tom took us out to a carvery lunch. As you can see Kory filled his boots with as much turkey and cranberry sauce as he could possibly get in his mouth. Laura came with us after she finished work which Kory was just delighted about. I'm sure he thinks the sun shines out of "Auntie Lola's" bottom!



But the whole event was just a bit too much for Krystal who fell asleep in James' arms in the hall of the hotel we were at!





That evening James and I got a bit of freedom, we went out for a drink and then to get chips and curry sauce which reminds me of my childhood! We even got a can of Irn Bru and went in the car and sat at the seafront to eat them, YUMMY!

We headed back via Glasgow yesterday - but I'll do a different post about that!

Julie.xx

1 comments:

Jilly Baby said...

Ahhh chips and curry sauce, reminds me of Sundays at the Barras! Pure magic by the way!