Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Update on life!

I thought I'd post an update on what's been happening, the good the bad and the ugly!!

Firstly the cot - it arrived today, which is very exciting. It's not been out of the box yet, because we want to paint next week first! But can't wait now it's here. So is the bedding which arrived at the weekend! Will soon look like a proper wee boy's room!!

Next, the dentist - I had horrendous toothache on a tooth I have had a lot of work done on, for the past 2 weeks, so I saw the dentist today and he said to try antibiotics as there is something under the tooth, but he doesn't want to drill in unless he really has to. And wouldn't xray unless he had to either. He would if it was unbearable, as I'm past 3-4 months, but would be last resort, as would giving me injections to drill in. So hoping the antibiotics help and I don't need the tooth out! YIKES!

And finally the couch scenario - we got the couch from DFS, waited 8 weeks, only to find they told us wrong measurments in first place so wrong one was ordered and we only discovered this on delivery when it doesn't fit! Then discovered they have a "no returns" policy and that all sofa's are made to order. ARGH!!!!! Only they don't tell you this, so beware!! So tonight we managed to reach a compromise, and the one is being uplifted on Thursday. They assure us we'll have one that does fit by Xmas.

Frankly just glad it's getting sorted coz at one point they wouldn't even consider it. BE WARNED!!!

So that is my news!! I now have to spend yet another day of my week off work, sitting in waiting on delivery men. And will have nothing to show for it by the end of the week. 2 boring days in! And a sofa bed in living room....nice!

Julie.xx

0 comments: