Sunday, November 28, 2004

Wedding 'Bells'

Saturday was the big day for one of my longest friends, Lee Bell.


In case you don't know the story Lee and me have been mates since school. That's about 10 years ago now and looking back I never thought I'd see the day I'd be Ushering at his wedding. How things change :)


The weather wasn't the best but thankfully it managed to hold off until we'd got 'the man' down to the church, got all his photos taken and got him inside. I tell you what though there is nothing like wearing a kilt on a rainy cold November's day to wake you up. I was getting bumps where I really shouldn't have been getting them.


ANYWAY, the ceremony kicked off at 14:30 and seemed to go quite smoothly. I only say 'seemed' because I managed to sit down in front of what must have been Lee's tallest relative. I spent most of it staring at the decorations on the ceiling and trying to hear what was being said at the front.


Things wound up around 15:30 and by this time the rain was bouncing!!! Even running to the coaches involved a big drenching :(


Back at the hotel by 16:00 and straight into the photos again!! Not before getting a couple of glasses of champagne down my throat first though :D. We spent the next hour locked in a room with photographer.


He kind of annoyed me actually because in that hour he took just one picture with Phil and me, the Ushers, in it. What a complete waste of drinking time.


Instead we watched the photographer running around trying to get people in position and I can't count the amount of times he managed to trip over a wire and pull his lighting equipment down. The guy should have had an assitant or someone because he managed to miss out guests, delay the meal and wind-up the majority of the bridal party by just not knowing what he was doing next.


Still, the dinner was lovely. The speeches went well and Lee, surprisingly, didn't look as nervous as I thought he would be.


The night kicked off at around 20:00 and without affecting the drinking too much I managed to squeeze in 4 or 5 dances (with some of the nicer ladies of the wedding as well I might add :p ).


James





*UPDATE - 1st December 2004*


We've just found out the band on the night, Lave Rock, have just put some more pictures on their website.


You can find them at www.laverock.net under gigs. It's currently titled "Jenni and Lee's wedding, Thainstone ,27-11-04" which I don't think they'll be too chuffed about as her name is Kirsty. Oops!!!


Check out some of the ridiculous dances they had us all doing.


James


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sorry about the mix up of names on our web site. The mistake has been corrected.

Cheers

Laverock