Monday, March 28, 2005

Baby Update - Day 2



Another busy day at the hospital today.

The morning started with me getting my first baby bath lessons with the midwifes. I have to say I was quite impressed with myself considering I couldn't even pick up a baby two days ago.

Our first family member visiting session kicked off at two o'clock. Kory met his Grandad Jim and Trisha for the first time followed at three o'clock by Gran Sheila, Auntie Laura and Tom. The hospital only allows three visitors per patient at a time so it was a bit of a juggling act.

Everyone fell in love with him straight away. I would say it was because of those 'give me a hug' eyes but they were bearly out for two minutes the whole time. Far too much sleeping to be had :)

We got some cracking pictures today and finally one of Julie, Kory and me together.

Overall the baby is doing great. He seems very happy with everything and only really cries when we change his nappies or he wants fed. Fingers crossed that carries on as he let Julie get five hours sleep last night.

Julie on the other hand has been getting a bit of discomfort in her chest. She's going to get some scans tomorrow to make sure there isn't anything like blood clots. If that comes back negative then she'll be allowed out tomorrow night, otherwise it's back to the bedroom for her. On a postive note her blood pressure is fine and the swelling is starting to really go down now.

Really starting to miss not having her at home now though so here's hoping that tomorrow brings us some more good news.

That's all for now.

James

1 comments:

Hannah said...

That's not so good about Julie, I hope the scan gives her the all clear today and they both get home tonight.

Tell Julie I am asking after her and give wee Kory a cuddle from me.

Hannah X