Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Baby Update - Day 3



Morning Everyone.

I thought I'd add a bit extra to my entry today. So here's a little video I took of Kory snuggling up with his mummy (and hand) yesterday afternoon. You need Quicktime to run it so if you can't see anything above you can download it at Apple's website.

Well Julie and the baby are still in hospital :(. She was due to have her test yesterday morning but ten minutes before the scan the midwives asked her to extract 24 hours of milk. That amount in 10 minutes is nuts as it is but the reason they wanted her to do it was because the scan can let off a bit of radiation.

That's fine but when you can't take that much out the only solution is the baby goes on to formula. He's taken to breastfeeding so well we don't want to ruin it so she's refused the scan.

Instead she's getting an ultrasound on her leg which should hopefully be today (Wednesday).

Again, if everything is a-ok then we'll have them home tonight :)

Better go, I've got to be at the hospital in 30 minutes.

James

8 comments:

POOH! said...

Hey James, great pictures and footage. I hope Julie is getting on ok with the scan thingy! Best wishes. :)

POOH! said...

Back again, trying to view footage, but cant for some strange reason. I have quicktime, so not sure whats going wrong. :(

James said...

Hi Pooh,

I'm running version 6.5 of Quicktime and it seems to work ok. Don't have another computer I can test it on just now but try going to this address

Anonymous said...

Hey James,

Wee Kory looks really cute and healthy. Really cool seeing video footage of him on the site. Say hello to Julie for me and I hope they are home v soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi James,

The video is great! Wish we had done something similar with Coinneach...

Hope Julie gets out of hospital very soon.

Graeme

Anonymous said...

Hi James

Please tell Julie that the girls at work were asking for her and hope that her and Kory get home very soon.

Kory is very cute but we think Julie will kill you when she see's the video clip of her looking slightly cheesed off!

The Girls at AGCB/AGTB xx

Jilly Baby said...

Awwww he's very sweet. So tiny! Neither of my 2 were ever that small :D

Give my love to Julie and Kory and hope everything is ok with the scan, etc.

Something that may or may not be useful but I was reading about Julie's refusal to have the scan because you didn't want Kory to go onto formula. I totally can understand that but remember that he would need to be bottle fed anyway with Julie's expressed milk until the radiation risk has gone. So surely a couple of formula feeds wouldn't make any difference? Julie's health and wellbeing is just as important as Kory's. Just a thought...

James said...

I said exactly the same thing to her. What I didn't mention though was that she wasn't showing classic signs of blood clots. She was also told that 9 out of 10 cases don't show anything.

She's a had a couple of friends that went through the same treatment and they couldn't get the babies back onto breast feeding after :(.

When she started showing doubts about it though the doctor suggested the ultrasound straight away so it wasn't a big problem.