Saturday, March 26, 2005

Easter "Bunny" Arrives Early


Well here he is :)

Three days earlier than he should have been but at 06:50 this morning Julie gave birth to "Bunny".

Julie started getting a bit worried on Thursday that the baby wasn't kicking much. A quick scan on Friday showed that he was having a lot of irregular heart patterns. Julie was induced at 16:00 on Friday and the "fun" began.

Things didn't exactly go quite as we would have liked it to go though as both Julie and the baby started having problems around 05:00 this morning. This meant they had to perform an emergency c-section to get him out.

Everything went well though and both Mum and baby are doing fine.

We've named him Kory James. Kory after a small town on the island of Arran (nice balance of Scottish with the English surname) and James after his daddy :). He's weighing in at healthly 7lbs 9oz.

Who do you think he looks most like Julie or me?? :)

Julie is being kept in hospital for now but should hopefully be out by Tuesday. I'm just looking forward to getting them both home safely and starting to settle into a routine.

In the meantime I've got a whole night sleep to catch up on so I guess it's time to hit the sack.

James

10 comments:

POOH! said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL, and well done Julie. He is gorgeous and I think he looks like his mum! (sorry James) but I think he already got your anatomy!! lol
Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Kory. Bit dissapointed he wasn't born on my Birthday though!! (29th) Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

*~*~*~*CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS*~*~*~*

He is absolutely adorable!!!!! I think he looks a bit more like Jules i would say, but you can definitely see James in him too :o)

I can't believe all this happened without me realising! lol.. I go away for a few hours, and Julie 'pops'!

Sorry you had a bit of a rough time, but hopefully it'll be a speedy recovery for you.

Take care, all THREE of you! hehe

Love Beki xxxx

Anonymous said...

he is so cute!!!!! sorry to disagree with you ladies but i think he is a spitting image of james when he was a baby.
its not fair really my brother gets a new baby for easter and all i got was a lousey easter egg!!!lol.
Congratulations to the pair of you and i hope he grows up to be as much a personality as his cousin (hope he is the same at sleeping through the night by 6 weeks!!lol).
kelly, pete and jassy. xxx

Anonymous said...

I thought something was up when there was no sign of Julie on MSN! Congratulations all of you and welcome to the world Kory! lots of love Mary Ann (Crannola) xx

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the safe arrival of baby Kory. As for who he looks like...he looks like himself and that's how it should be :)

Didn't know Kory was a town in Arran. I've been before and don't remember it but I shall make it my mission to find it the next time I go.

Anyway happy Easter and Happy Birthday Kory. Take care and speak to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Delighted for both of you and looking forward to meeting Kory - so glad he isn't orange, all those clementines Julie munched in the office obviously didn't do him any harm!
Love Jackie (& Colin) xx

Hannah said...

Welcome to Baby Kory, he is so adorable and so tiny!! I loved giving him a cuddle today he was so gorgeous.

I think he looks more like Mummy in the photos and Daddy when he is sleeping.

Congratulations Julie and James!

Lots of Love,
Hannah XXX

James said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'll pass on the messages to Julie tomorrow ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two! Wow, the time really flew past! As you know, im not a baby person but he's as cute as cute gets!! I like his name too, it's v funky x

Anonymous said...

YAY! welldone you two! Julie most of course! A big hug to you all especially little Kory James! Lovely name - havent been online much because of moving but am sure once we have the interenet sorted i will get to hear all about him and how your coping!!! Take care and make the most of your time with help in hospital and James get some good nights sleep and make most of it before baby and Julie come home!!! Love and Kisses to all
Claire (iVillage)