Saturday, September 22, 2007

Pear Day 2

It doesn't seem like 2 years since I last did a post called Pear Day, but it is, almost exactly in fact. Against my better judgement (I wanted to wait till 6 months), today we gave Krystal her first food which was mashed up pear. It had to be really as that's what Kory got first!

But before we could do this, we had some seat juggling to do. Instead of buying a new seat for Krystal we decided it was cheaper to buy one without a tray for Kory and then she could have his old one. As he was so pleased with his new one, Kory was happy to give Krystal his other one.




Last night she sat in it for the first time with a spoon and some toys to practise for today! As she's now sitting herself it's easier, but she does sometimes flop a bit and the seat is slippy so I propped her up with a rolled up towel!

So back to today, James and Kory spent the morning in the garden tidying up the toys and weeds for winter before it gets too cold to do anything. Krystal and I chilled in the house, we had a nap together, cleaned the big bathroom, did washing, and I made some more food for her. I'm a bit unprepared as I thought I had 3 more weeks to get sorted!

After the kids got up from their naps, it was pear time! Kory was delighted at the idea of Krystal getting food - though now it's going to be harder to stop him giving her stuff. Up till now it's been easy to say she only gets milk. Krystal was fascinated by her bib as she's never had one on before.

She screwed her face up as we expected when it went in, but then couldn't get my hand back with more fast enough! She ate rather a lot actually, more than I expected her to!



Nice Face!!


Even Kory got in on the act. We noticed that he does something that we used to take the mickey out of each other for when we were feeding him as a baby. Next time you feed a baby, notice how you open your mouth when you want them to open theirs!! Honestly, everyone does it without knowing, even Kory!

I had wanted to do what's known as Baby Led Weaning with Krystal - where you let the baby set the pace and give them foods they can feed themselves with, if they can get it in and eat it, they are ready for it basically.

But as I need to get food into Krystal a bit faster than that, I've plumped for a half and half approach. Some mashed foods and also let her experiment with it. Here she is playing with some pear. She had great fun chasing it about the tray and taking bites of it then spitting them out!


This evening, James took Krystal for a nap while Kory and I made dinner (Krystal had some potato) and some chocolate crispie cakes. YUMMY! Then as we were getting the kids ready for bed, I noticed the sun was setting making the coulds really pink and lovely. Goodnight!

Julie.xx

0 comments: